Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Best Friend Wins

So, as many of you know, I (meaning Tiffany) have an INCREDIBLE best friend. Her name is Charmaine Griffin. She lives in a different state, so we don't get to spend much time together, but over the years, and through many, many phone conversations and Skype dates, I have come realize that she and I aren't best friends. We're sisters. You know that type. We love to talk to each and make each other laugh (hysterically), but have completely different tastes in almost everything. Including food. She's the chow mein and I'm the fried rice.

Anyway, now that I'm completely off topic... What I'm trying to say is that in honor of turning 25 this year she decided to do 25 things that she has never done before. How cool is that? Pretty incredible right? In her honor, and as a VERY late birthday gift, I have decided to come up with 25 reasons why I love having Charmaine Griffin as a best friend.

Reason # 1: She makes me laugh. And not just chuckle, or giggle, or say, oh that's funny, but I mean really laugh! Like on the floor in a heap, gasping for breath laugh. I cannot tell you the number of times that have had to stop what we're doing to just laugh it out. I'm laughing inside right now.

Reason # 2: She understands my sarcastic humor. Meaning that she not only gets the joke, but understands that it's a joke and that I'm not trying to be rude or hurtful.

Reason # 3: She's sarcastic right back! Seriously. Fond memories... (We like death...)

Reason # 4: This is probably one of my favorite things about her. She is a spiritual GIANT! She spends more time in the temple than anyone I know, and loves to be spiritual fed. Watch out people, cause' this girl's testimony, will make you rethink your life! Seriously. If you are ever having doubts about your faith, talk to this girl. She KNOWS that her Heavenly Father lives, and that her Savior loves her, and it shows!

Reason # 5: She has impeccable taste in heels. Anyone who knows me understands that I have a thing for cute heels. I want hers... Enough said!

Reason # 6: She is incredibly dependable. I can call her, and leave a message, or text her and not worry about her getting back to me. She will, and does, regularly!

Reason # 7: She's a great listener! I can call her and not worry about being judged for the things that are bothering me that day.

Reason # 8: She is great with advice! When I was struggling with postpartum depression, she not only was there for me, but gave some great advice about what would help me get through it.

Reason #9: Charmaine genuinely cares about people. Not just me. If you are among the people that she calls friends, count yourself lucky, because she will take great care of you.

Reason # 10: She is incredibly selfless. She would fly to the moon for me and move it to the left so that the moon beams weren't in my eyes, if I asked her too. She will serve you in the best and most personal way, that will touch your heart.

Reason # 11: She is incredibly intuitive, when it comes to me. She can tell what I need, when I need it, and is great at cheering me up. Refer back to Reason # 1.

Reason # 12: She leaves the BEST phone messages. The one about the makeup brush wand will live on in our hearts forever!

Reason # 13: We don't usually fight, but when we do, it never lasts long, and we are back to being besties. I never have to worry about whether or not we'll still be friends after we fight. It's just an unwritten rule of our friendship. We're like an old married couple. "Well Charmaine, looks like your stuck with me! Better work this out..."

Reason # 14: She is a ridiculously talented singer/song writer. One day folks, she could be famous, and I'll be in the stands like, "I KNOW that girl! She's my best friend!!! Be jealous..."

Reason # 15: She doesn't judge me, based on my shortcomings. She picks me up when I'm down, dusts me off, and puts me back on my feet, along with the Savior and then tells me, "You got this." Please excuse me while I sit with my box of tissues and cry, while singing Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" in my head loudly and cheesily. I deflect emotional situations with humor. It's a thing. Look it up!

Reason # 16: She LOVES my kids. She's not just Charmaine to them, she's Auntie Charmaine. She even likes them still after they puked all over her. That's a great sign.

Reason # 17: She's not afraid to stand up for herself, or her beliefs. She has had to stand by her morals on many occasions, and each time she has had too, she has come out with a positive out look and a renewed strength in her beliefs. She has never regretted it. I admire this attribute greatly!

Reason # 18: She is an incredibly strong person. She has been through numerous trials in her life and she just keeps going! She's brings new meaning to the phrase, you can't keep a good girl down!

Reason # 19: She is willing to do stupid things with me. Like dragging a mattress down the hall, and running it into the door frame. So. Much. Laughter.

Reason # 20: She understands my issues in a way others don't, because she has seen them first hand. I'm talking an all access pass into my can of crazy. Very few people get a front row seat when I'm feeling anxious, and she is one of them!

Reason # 21: She would drop everything and be here for me if I asked her too. You can't buy that kind of loyalty for all the riches in the world. I prize this gift above rubies and diamonds!

Reason # 22: She is a great chef! I am looking forward to the day when I will get to try her famous homemade pretzels, and other yummy homemade food.

Reason # 23: She's there when I need her. Plain and simple.

Reason # 24: We can spend long periods of time apart and nothing changes about our friendship. We get to being in the same room again, and after the initial hysterical screaming and jumping up and down, things go back to the way they were before we were apart. It's like no time has passed! The jokes and hysterical laughter ensue as well as a Harry Potter movie marathon. (One of the few common interests we have).

Reason # 25: She inspires me to better! She is one of those people who you just want to catch up with and hang onto for the duration of this crazy ride called life. She makes me want to follow my dreams and catch the stars to put in my pocket and save for a rainy day.

Long story short? She inspires me and I am privileged to call her my best friend. I love you gil!!!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post tiff. you got one thing wrong though when im famous you wont be in the stands youll be backstage silly.

    ReplyDelete